Round 1
7 days ago
ISB
Full Time MBA
Full Time MBA
Round 1
7 days ago
10 Sep 2024 12:09
Varied experiences and lots of initiatives taken in undergrad at BITS Pilani. Pretty poor GPA unfortunately due to personal reasons and focusing more on some part-time work I was doing. Got a fulfilling internship at IIM-B. Worked part-time as CMO for an early-stage social media app. I have worked full-time for 4 years in a global Data and AI consultancy firm, with the last one and a half in a managerial position. I want to take the next step and work in strategy consulting, ideally at the crossroads of sustainability and technology as those are two areas I have worked on academically and professionally since my undergrad. Ideally, targeting the US/Europe regions for the short term with the eventual plan to move back to India to work with the government think tanks like NITI Aayog
Comments 3 comments
10 Sep 2024, 11:52
I think brief and clear optional essay talking about your GPA will handle most concerns taken into consideration your level of engagement and your test score.

if you’re looking at consulting, any reason you skipped INSEAD? no international experience?

How was your garden interview by the way?
10 Sep 2024, 12:05
Thanks for the response! Yep, no actual physical international presence just virtual. I did have a 2-week stint and an international conference that I was sponsored to attend, but a tiny little thing called COVID ruined those plans...

I have it scheduled for tomorrow (EA option). Browsing the forums for last-minute tips!
10 Sep 2024, 12:40
Good luck tomorrow 🤞👍
as you are saying you want to recruiting to consulting as your post MBA goal, you want to address the concern that that admissions may have about your potential employability and reality of this goal. Can you be engaging, can you be presenting yourself well in front of a client and would you well on the consulting interview?

This doesn’t mean you need to blow their socks off or do something amazing but you need to be thinking on your feet, not get easily stressed out and appear confident and certain in your plans and ideas. There is a debrief experience someone posted from a few days ago (would appreciate if you can share your experience as well as much as you’re comfortable sharing n the chat/forum).