1 month ago
BU Questrom
Full Time MBA
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
8 Aug 2024 12:08
Need guidance in choosing the best program for my post-MBA plan

Hi, I am a 25-year old male from Indonesia
I graduated with decent GPA from ranked 70s Jesuit-run university in my home country.
I have work experience of over 5 years if counted with the full-time business I ran during my undergrad which I had stopped after 4 years of operation due to competitive gadget retail market and was driven by the will to establish a venture where I can manufacture my own product, since gadget is usually ready-to-sold product.

I am stumbled upon choosing the best program that supports well my post MBA plan in establishing an ed-tech startup.

Anyway, I have funding to finance my studies.
Comments 2 comments
08 Aug 2024, 11:57
Hey, @geeyudhistyra

When it comes to your profile, a GPA of 3.06 is generally on the low side for competitive MBA programs, although strong GMAT scores, relevant work experience, and compelling personal statements can still boost it. Talking about more than five years of working experience where you had a full-time business while still, an undergraduate student can show that you have practical knowledge and are an entrepreneur.

Strive for a high GMAT score to improve your chances of admission. A great score will help overcome the impact of your GPA.

Emphasize your entrepreneurial experience by showcasing the skills and knowledge you gained and how they will contribute to your success in an MBA program and as an entrepreneur. Consider applying to programs with a holistic approach to admissions, as some schools focus more on the overall applicant profile than just GPA and GMAT scores.

Let's connect and discuss your profile in detail.Click here to schedule a complimentary profile evaluation session with our experts. We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools.

Good luck with your GMAT. You can do it :D
08 Aug 2024, 12:17
Hi @geeyudhistyra
I am Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO. Speaking about your profile, you demonstrate an impressive entrepreneurial drive and business intellect. This is a valuable asset which would interest the adcoms and also relevant to your post-MBA goal of launching an ed-tech startup. Since your GPA is a bit on the lower end, focus on a 705+ GMAT FE score, this will help you balance out your academic acumen.
Coming to your work experience, adcoms consider full time experience only after your undergrad program. How much work experience do you have after completion of your graduation?

Your school list is a mix of strong programs which are known for entrepreneurship and innovation. Given your specific interest in ed-tech, consider expanding your options to include schools like MIT, Haas, CBS, and maybe Kellogg too. It is worth giving a shot at these top programs. Consider classifying your school list on 1. Reach, 2. Target and 3. Safe criteria.

To provide more tailored advice, we would love to connect and discuss your profile in more detail. Feel free to connect for a detailed discussion.
Click here to connect for a detailed profile analysis.
You can also email me your CV at: priyankak@aringo.com
Good Luck!